If you’re looking for a super-cute craft gift idea for Dad – for Father’s Day, birthday, Christmas – any occasion, really! – you can grab this free “In Dad’s Shoes” printable! Just add paint to your child’s foot, press down, and done! Come check it out! This is an 8×10″ PDF that’s ideal for a last minute gift!
DIY Gift for Dad from the Kids
Ever since I had my twin boys (6 years old now), I’ve become a sucker for a cute craft for a gift idea. And if it has handprints or footprints – well, cue the tears. I just imagine my future self looking at those precious prints and remembering when… (sigh).
I especially love printable craft gifts because they are usually so easy and do not require a lot of materials. That is definitely the case with this footprint printable.
After a while, I feel like I’m running out of ideas and inspiration for projects, so if I can whip one up pretty quickly and easily, I’m all for it.
Shoe Footprint Printable Homemade Gift for Dad
Here’s the rundown on how to do this project, although it’s so easy, you probably can figure it out all on your own! Even so, here are the step by step instructions laid out for you plus a few pro-tips.
This one is super easy as far as supplies go!
Printable Footprint Picture (fill out the box at the end of the post to get it for free)
Washable tempera paint of your choice of color (the bolder, the better!)
Sponge paint brush
This is, again, just so easy. It’s perfect for a last-minute gift!
Basically, put some paint on a plate:
Paint your child’s foot & press down:
But if you want more details, read below, lol!
Kid Craft for Father’s Day (or Birthday or Christmas! Whenever!)
- Print out the free printable. This works best with cardstock rather than regular printer paper.
- Squirt paint on paper plate and with the sponge brush, paint your child's foot. Pro tip: painting it is easier than having him/her step in the paint and will yield neater results.
- Help you child stand up and carefully place foot inside boot print. You can also bend your child's leg while sitting on the floor and place the paper underneath his/her foot.
- Press foot firmly down without wiggling for few seconds and gently remove.
- Allow to dry. If it smudges, just print out a new one and try again!
- There is space at the bottom for you or your child to sign his/her name and/or add the year if you'd like!
Once it is dry, you can trim and place in an 8×10″ frame! That’s it! So easy and super-cute! Here’s how it came out for my son – he’s 6, just so you can see the footprint size. It can also work with older children, too!
If you’d like the JPG or PNG for this project to use for other crafts or project ideas, it’s available in my Etsy shop! This purchase also has a blank page with just the text, in case you wanted to paint Dad’s actual shoe and use an original print!
There is also a Grandpa version of this print in the Etsy shop as well!
If you’re looking for another gift idea for Dad, the print shown below in the Etsy shop as well.
Other Craft Gift Ideas
If you need more DIY homemade gift ideas or crafts for family members and friends, be sure to check out these other articles:
Get Your Free Printable Father’s Day Craft Here
To get the printable, just fill out the box below! You’ll immediately be redirected to the download!
If you make this project, I’d love to see it! Please tag me on Instagram @100affections or leave a comment on Pinterest!
Thoughts? I’d love to hear them! Leave a comment below!